We would love to make the Summer School available to anyone, irrespective of price, but the reality is that we have to charge a fee to cover the costs of using the school, feeding everyone, providing a professional staff team and facilities and, importantly, having some fun. We try to keep our costs to a minimum so that we can make the fee as low as possible. We certainly deliver great value!
The cost for the 2017 Summer School is £540 to include all your accommodation, meals and tuition. A deposit of £50 needs to be paid when you send in your booking form.
DISCOUNTS & BURSARIES
Inevitably the cost for the week will be too expensive for some people and there are a number of ways in which you can reduce or spread the cost.
EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT
Book by 31 January 2017 and benefit from a 10% discount taking the cost down to just £486.
PAY BY INSTALMENTS
We are very happy for you to divide up the total amount and send it to us in instalments provided the total amount due is paid by 1st July 2017.
Bursaries of up to £200 (including any early booking discount) are available to those who cannot afford the full cost. Bursaries will be distributed as fairly as possible between those who apply by 1st May 2017. After that time, applications for bursaries may still be granted but priority will be given to those applying by 1st May.
Here’s a bit more information about bursaries:
- Before applying for a bursary, please consider whether your church, or any other organisation that may benefit from your skills, might be able to offer you financial support.
- Enclose a short letter with your Booking Form telling us the reasons for your application for a bursary (eg. student, unemployed, low income etc). Indicate in your letter the amount, up to a maximum of £200 (including any early booking discount), which would enable you to attend. We won’t make intrusive enquiries about your financial circumstances and we therefore trust that the amount that you are applying for will really make the difference for you to be able to attend.
- All applications for bursaries must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement from a referee. Applications cannot be considered without a supporting letter.
- Unfortunately we can’t add early booking discounts and bursaries together! The maximum amount we can reduce the cost by is £200.
Places for those not in full time work or education.
We have a number of free places at this year’s Summer Theatre School for first time attendees not in full time education or employment.
This opportunity has been made possible by the astonishing generosity of some of our Riding Lights Members. So if you know anyone who might benefit from a free place at this year’s Summer School, we’d love to offer them a space. For more information give us a call on 01904 655317 or email email@example.com.
- Riding Lights reserves the right to remove any course owing to circumstances beyond its control, and to offer places on alternative courses.
- Each successful applicant will be asked to agree to abide by a simple code of conduct to ensure the safety and well-being of all and the smooth running of the whole school.
- If you wish to cancel your place then you should do so in writing. Cancellation will take effect from the date we receive such notice. If a participant fails to attend or a place is cancelled 30 days or less before the start of STS 2017, there will be no refund of fees. A full refund of fees, less the deposit, will be given if cancellation is made more than 30 days before the start of the course.