Riding Lights has long been committed to innovative education work with churches, festivals, schools, prisons, universities across the UK as well as dedicated work with its own local community.
We have a long history of working with marginalised groups, young people and those with special educational needs. We believe that education, using drama, has the potential to liberate individuals and transform communities.
Education Projects we offer:
- Theatre Skills Workshops
- Applied Theatre Workshops exploring a range of social and faith issues tailored for your community and groups.
- Performance Workshops with our Roughshod Touring Company
- Bespoke Education programmes from KS2 – KS5 linked to the National Curriculum and various exam specifications.
- Prison performances and follow-up workshops.
- Teacher inset training including voice-care workshops in partnership with the Voice Care Network.
- Free educational resources alongside our touring shows.
- New plays on key issues to challenge thinking.
Our staff include trained teachers, post-graduates in drama and experienced theatre practitioners who use their skill and experience to provide high quality projects for those they work with.
Riding Lights Youth Theatre
Riding Lights also runs four Youth Theatres at our home in Friargate. These cater for all abilities and for ages 11 to 18. Find out more on our Youth Theatre pages. If you would like to know more about any aspect of Riding Lights’ Education programme, please contact Paul Birch on 01904 655317 or e-mail email@example.com